Ingredient list for a fruit cake recipe: One berry loaf makes 18 slices.
- 300 g or 10 oz. flour
- 220 g or 7 oz. sugar
- 17 g or 0.5 oz. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. vanilla sugar
- 0.5 cup decoration sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 250 g or 8 oz. margarine or butter
- 60 g or 2 oz. grated almonds
- 2 organic lemons 155 g or 5 oz. raspberries
- 90 g or 3 oz. blueberries and or red currants
- 3 eggs Eggs
To make dough, beat liquid margarine, sugar, salt, eggs, lemon zest and 4 tbsp. lemon juice until light. Add grated almonds, flour, baking powder, vanilla sugar. Combine all ingredients. Sprinkle the berries with 2 tbsp. of flour. Fold them in.
Grease a 20 cm or 8-inch cake tin with liquid butter. Pour the dough into the tin. Sprinkle with decorating sugar. Bake in oven at 180°C or 350°F for 55-60 minutes or until golden. Take the cake out and cool on wire rack.
Comment below and let us know how you like our fruit cake recipe.